USA Cycling Forms
Information for race directors
The Race Director (a.k.a. “promoter”) is the person responsible to USAC for the proper organization of the race meet.
Event Insurance: If you or your club is organizing an event this year, be sure to read this!
The Race Director:
- Gets permission to use the course.
- Notifies area residents that an event is taking place.
- Obtains race permit.
- Secures volunteers for registration, corner guards, runners, etc.
- Publishes race announcement on WCA website and other sources as desired.
- Provides lap cards and bell.
- Sets up course.
- Provides food and drinks for officials and volunteers.
- Pays officials at least the required amount (see USAC rulebook, Schedule of Fees).
- Pay USAC rider surcharge ($3 per rider).
- Pay WCA surcharge ($2 per rider, per event) to WCA representative.